Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Maybe the Third Time Is a Charm

 The tide pool towels turned out great and have been sold.  I'll bring back yarn when we return from Bend so I can make these again.  Having my yarn order shipped to my son's house wasn't as smart as I thought.
I rearranged the order of the colors for desert sunset which wasn't easy but worth it.

This is what it was originally.  I wound the color order in three bouts and while the swath of bright orange and pink running up in the middle is what a sunset looks like, it wasn't going to translate well into towels.
Given the giant mess I had I was pleased when I slid the slats in to check the color order and saved the weaving for the next day.
The hot pink and orange wefts are interesting.
I wove this morning until there's only half a towel left and now I'm taking a break before I move on to packing my suitcase.  Our buyer still doesn't have a buyer for her house and here's my theory.  Our house in town sold when we were in Eugene, my son's house in Reno sold while they were in Medford so I'm thinking our buyer's house should sell next week when we're in Bend.  And that's why I wanted to weave most of this warp off.  

We'll leave tomorrow morning early, then we have an appointment with our realtor on Friday, my son Matt's wedding is Saturday and then we'll check out neighborhoods and generally get acquainted with the area for a few days after that.  Let's see if the third time is a charm!! 

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Such beautiful towels. Holding you in prayer!

karensspinzen said...

I just love that pattern. And the colors are perfect!
Best of luck with your move!

Ellie said...

I love the color and design in your turned taquette towels. I'm looking forward to seeing to see more. I would love to know when will they be included in Handwoven Magazine.
Ellie

Anonymous said...

I take pleasure in, lead to I found just what I used to be looking for.
You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
Bye

my blog :: lasertest