Monday, June 18, 2012

Blending Color


This is a video of Hermi showing us a technique she learned for blending color like Deb Menz does in her book but without the benefit of a drum carder. I have unpacked my clothes and put away the things I brought back from Spindle Camp but haven't yet downloaded the pictures from my camera. I took this video with my fabulous iPhone and thought if you haven't seen this technique before, you'll be surprised at how low-tech and resourceful this is and how effective the results are.

6 comments:

LA said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie said...

Just listening to the chatting in the video made it sound like it was a really good weekend. Hope you had a good time spindling!

Cindie said...

Wow, this looks like fun - I'm definitely going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Nina said...

Cool technique which will definitely be on the must try list. You could hear the excitement build in the soundtrack of the video. What a lot of fun Spindle Camp must have been!

Benita said...

I never thought of making punis that way! I am going to have to show my spinning student that technique. They will love it!!

m said...

I turned the sound on, and watched the video. That is fascinating, and a great way to blend the colours.
Thanks for having the presence of mind to film it.