Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Foster-Dog Sammy

Our foster dog Sammy has left a present for Charlie in his scratching box. Charlie is still having a hard time accepting the new, self-adopted and mostly full-time family member. I think Sammy senses Charlie's feelings and is trying to make amends.

The gift has not been graciously accepted and is, in fact, being treated with a large degree of skepticism.

Okay, the claws are out and if you could follow the path of Charlie's eyes, you'd know exactly where Sammy is. Alien creature, come get your stinkin' rope.

Okay, okay - I get it, says Sammy. You don't want my toy, I'll take my toy, but you'll be sorry. It's a good toy. You're missing out here.



How about you? Would you like my toy? It's a really good toy - you'll be missing out here~

7 comments:

MiniKat said...

Hmm. I think Sammy is sweet for trying to share. What do the "real owners" think of the situation?

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Sammy is a neat dog, glad he found you :)

Lee said...

What a cutie! Charlie seems...enamored? No, that's not the right word...less than pleased.

Lizzy sometimes likes to share her rawhide, after she has chewed on it awhile, of course. It is better that way!

Mim said...

Ahh Sammy has a wonderful new family!

Birdsong said...

He is a real sweetie! He can come visit here anytime... I guess I'm just more a dog person than a cat person. Sorry Charlie.

Beryl Moody said...

You know, I think Charlie may be right. You never know where a dog's mouth has been:-)

Leigh said...

What cute photos. Actually Charlie seems pretty accepting of Sammy.